You are here: News. News Archive. Trends & Design.
'Just Pure Water' cans tout aluminum's sustainability
New Age Beverage distribution company has launched Just Pure Water - an unsweetened, zero-calorie flavored water - in 24-oz. aluminum cans from Ball Corporation.
The cans give boost Just Pure Water's shelf impact while offering consumers a quick-chilling, lightweight, 100 percent recyclable package. The can is the most recycled beverage container in North America, containing an average of 68 percent recycled content.
"Packaging our Just Pure Water in aluminum cans was the natural solution for our company," said Scott LeBon, president and CEO of New Age Beverage. "Selecting the purest of natural ingredients for Just Pure Water and then offering it in recyclable aluminum cans combine the best that Mother Nature can offer in a package that is environmentally friendly and convenient."
New Age Beverage has taken the extra step of including, on the back of each package, facts highlighting aluminum cans' sustainability. Sample messages include:
- Total average recycled content in aluminum cans made in the U.S. is 68 percent - the highest of any beverage container.
- The energy saved by recycling just one aluminum can will power a TV for 3 hours.
- It takes as few as 60 days to turn empty cans in the recycling bin into new cans on retailers' shelves.
Many craft beer brands have been successfully expanding into cans, proving that consumers accept cans as a premium package and view cans as a better package for the environment compared with glass. Additionally:
- Cans deliver brand messages. By using their entire surface for eye-catching color designs, cans require no label and can provide features such as reclosability and thermographic inks that tell consumers when the product inside is at the perfect temperature to drink.
- Cans are a sustainability success story. Making cans from recycled aluminum saves 95 percent of the energy required to make aluminum from virgin materials.
- Cans are good for beverages, as they are impenetrable to light and oxygen, they don't shatter, and their durability ensures they can travel to even remote locations.
Source: Aluminium Association